COURSE: POST BASIC B. Sc NURSING
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION
- Should have qualified in Diploma in Nursing and be a registered Nurse and Midwife in the Tamil Nadu Nursing Council or any other State Nursing Council and also register in the Tamil Nadu Nursing Council accepted by the University.
- After GNM with the Registration certificate from the Tamil Nadu State Nursing Council, the candidate can be permitted to join in Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing without work experience.
- If the registration certificate cannot be obtained immediately, the original evidence for registration in the form of receipt or any other authenticated document from the office of the Tamil Nadu State Nursing Council will be acceptable in lieu of the Registration Certificate.
- A male nurse, trained before the implementation of the new integrated course besides being registered as a nurse with State Nurses Registration Council, shall produce evidence of training approved by Indian Nursing Council for a similar duration in lieu of in any one of the following areas: Ø O.T. Techniques
Ø Ophthalmic Nursing
Ø Leprosy Nursing
Ø TB Nursing
Ø Psychiatric Nursing
Ø Neurological and Neuro Surgical Nursing
Ø Community Health Nursing
Ø Cancer Nursing
Ø Orthopedic Nursing
Ø Occupational Nursing
- To be eligible for admission to this course, a candidate shall have
- Passed the Higher Secondary or Senior Secondary or Intermediate or 10+2 or an equivalent examination recognized by the University for this purpose. Those who have done 10 + 1 in or before 1986, will be eligible for admission.
- Obtained a certificate in General Nursing and Midwifery and registered as R.N.R.M. with the State Nurses Registration Council.
- Every candidate before admission to the course shall submit to the Principal of the institution a certificate of medical Fitness from an authorized medical officer that the candidate is physically fit to undergo the academic course
Candidates before seeking admission to any one of the affiliated Nursing colleges shall obtain an Eligibility Certificate from the University by remitting the prescribed fees along with the application form.
|Application Form Download|