Medical Surgical Department is a well equipped department in all spheres with excellent teaching faculties , a well equipped laboratories with manikins, ventilators and dialysis machine. At the College we have a separate departmental building. We have a tie up with various private and government health sectors like Dhanvantri critical care centre, Erode ( parent Hospital),
Dhanvantri highway Hospital, Pallakkapalayam, ( Parent Hospital), Government Head Quarters Hospital, Erode, G.K.N.M hospital, Coimbatore, Erode Trust Hospital, Erode, KMCH, Erode, Lotus Hospital, Erode, MMCH, Erode.
- To render a quality education to the students in order to provide health service to the patient with courtesy and compassion.
- To improve the Inherent qualities in a students by that they can provide advanced medical services in their utmost abilities.
Salient features of this department
- The students are exposed to various types of activities both in theory and in practical’s.
- Experts are taking regular classes for B.SC (N) and M.SC (N) students.
- In clinical exposure to various department like EYE, ENT, NEURO, GYNAECOLOGY, BURNS, ONCOLOGY, GERIATRIC WARDS, RESPIRATORY, CARDIAC UNIT, ICU, ORTHO AND SURGICAL AREA IN government hospital and private hospital respectively.
- The students have participated in
- Participated National Day Celebration programmes.
- Medical camps
- Conducting National and International Days Rally
- ACLS [ advanced cardiac life support ]
- BCLS [ basic cardiac life support ]
- Attending open heart surgery
- Seminar, Symposium, Panel discussion, Demonstration, Clinical presentation, Case study, Nursing rounds etc.
- M.Sc (N) students specialized in critical care nursing.
- We are equipped with advanced technological instruments and procedures like •CVP [ central venous pressure ], •Tracheostomy care, • Dialysis [ hemodialysis ], •Plasma peresis, •ECG , •Ventilator care, •Infusion pump/ syringe pump and soforth etc...,
- The students are going for visit to •Hospice centre, Regional Cancer Centre, Palliative care centre for cancer and HIV/AIDS patients